Bring large-scale IIoT capabilities and advanced remote monitoring to extreme or difficult-to-access locations.
The MOBILTEX CorTalk RMU1 LITE is a robust and purposefully-engineered device that enables pipeline operators to effectively automate the collection pipe-to-soil potential measurement data from Cathodic Protection (CP) test stations in virtually any location. It’s now possible to realize the operational, functional, and safety benefits of large deployment remote CP data collection.
RMU1 LITE ADVANTAGES
- FAST, SIMPLE INSTALLATION — The compact, weather-proof RMU1 LITE is designed to fit entirely inside a standard CP test station and can be installed in about 20 minutes.
- ENGINEERED FOR AFFORDABLE, HIGH-VOLUME DEPLOYMENT — The RMU1 LITE has been designed to provide essential, fit-for-purpose functionality, enabling pipeline operators to affordably achieve high volume deployment and generate operational data that provides new insights into system dynamics.
- INSTANT-OFF POTENTIAL MEASUREMENTS — RMU1 LITE provides an instant-off potential measurement, generating additional data to meet regulatory requirements and better manage pipeline assets.
- REMOTE DUAL-REFERENCE CELL VALIDATION — RMU1 LITE offers the unique capability to obtain separate pipe-to-soil potential measurements from two connected reference cells. This allows technicians to compare the results and validate whether the reference cells are functioning properly.
- GLOBAL COMMUNICATION CAPABILITIES — Available with cellular or satellite communication capability, the RMU1 LITE can transmit data from virtually any location. This helps improve the quality and frequency of data collection, while reducing the need for workers to undertake long, potentially dangerous trips, to remote sites.
- BUILT TO WITHSTAND THE TOUGHEST CONDITIONS — Industry-leading lightning, surge and over-voltage protection and broad operating temperature range (-30°F to +158°F [-22°C to +70°C]).
- LONG-LIFE BATTERY — A user-replaceable battery provides up to 10 years of monitoring and data transmission, and helps maximize lightning isolation.
With a network of battery-powered CorTalk RMU1 LITE devices transmitting data by cellular or satellite networks, pipeline operators can effectively eliminate the need to physically visit CP test stations to obtain annual pipe-to-soil potential measurements. Many of these test stations are in remote, difficult-to-reach sites and traveling to them can expose technicians to hazards in isolated locations, mountainous regions, swamps, airport or train right-of-ways, high voltage infrastructure, and more. As regulations continue to expand (or evolve), more and more pipeline operators will be under increasing scrutiny to prove their infrastructure is adequately protected – more frequent pipe-to-soil measurements can be a key tool to prove regulatory compliance.
The CorTalk RMU1 LITE offers user-selectable intervals, greatly enhancing the amount of pipe-to-soil data that is automatically collected as compared to manually obtained annual pipe-to-soil potential readings. Pipeline operators can take advantage of this capability to collect multiple measurements throughout the year, providing a richer data set to understand seasonal variations or short-term operating irregularities that can negatively impact CP system performance. This flexibility also provides a measure of future-proofing since the RMU1 LITE will be able to meet regulatory requirements for more frequent data collection that may come into force.
Data that is transmitted by the RMU1 LITE, and other MOBILTEX remote monitoring devices, is received and stored by CorView, a powerful cloud-based software platform. CorView can be accessed from any location, using any web-enabled device in order to access measurement data, create trending graphs & generate reports, and receive alarms. Technicians can configure CorView to automatically send alerts to team members if measurements received from the RMU1 LITE are outside of set thresholds or if data is not received at scheduled intervals. CorView’s data repository and functions are entirely hosted and supported by MOBILTEX, which means no special software or IT support is ever required to access its powerful capabilities.
Ready to Learn More?
Submit the form below to request a quote or connect with our technical sales team.